NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC)
Rajendra College (Autonomous), Balangir
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:-
- The develop character, comradeship, the ideal of service and the capacity for leadership in the young men and women.
- To provide service training to young men and women so as to stimulate interest in the defense of the country.
- To build up a reserve of potential manpower, to enable the armed force to expand rapidly in National Emergency.
RULES FOR ADMISSION TO N.C.C.
- The College has one company of N.C.C. (Inf Boys) affiliated to II (O) Bn. N.C.C. Balangir with the strength of 110 Cadets & one officer. A male student physically fit is eligible for enrolment.
- Enrolment is made each year at the beginning of the session after necessary medical Examination. A cadet once enrolled has to serve till the end of the session. A high standard of discipline and conducts Regimental fund is to be contributed by every Cadet & 0.50 paisa towards G.I.S.
- Weekly two parades, each of one hour & twenty minutes duration, are held on Sunday only. A minimum of 75% of attendance is necessary to be eligible for appearing at the Certificate Examination. The minimum attendance prescribed by the University for a cadet is 75 percent. Irregularity in parade-attendance on the part of a Cadet during any month makes him liable for expulsion from N.C.C. or any other action as deemed fit by the Coy Commander.
- All cadets are requested to return their kits before the end of academic year or before summer holidays, and get a "no dues certificate" from N.C.C. Office. Promotions/ Issue of CLC etc. shall be stopped in the absence of the certificate.